Sunday, October 12, 2008

beautiful?

Define beautiful.
Beauty [taken from Dictionary.com] is
the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).

Beauty is an opinion.
Being beautiful is not universal.
So really, I can take a rose and rip it to shreds because it's not beautiful.
Who says love is beautiful?
What about when it's not two hearts finding each other? What about when it's broken?
Who says that's beautiful?

Point is,
I'm not beautiful.
My words aren't and my face isn't.
Nothing you can say can change how I feel or they feel.
Because it's their opinion.
If they don't want to call me beautiful
then so be it.
because right now
my writing is falling down a hole
that it dug itself.

No comments: